Come Join Us For a Fun-Filled Summer!
2017 Summer School Enrollment Has Begun!
Ms. Lam Montessori School is an English-Mandarin school serving children between the ages of 2-years-old and First Grade. Our classrooms adhere to authentic Montessori standards. Here are a few things you should know about us!
- Our teachers are AMI-certified, a rigorous training lineage passed down directly from Maria Montessori.
- We have two classrooms. Our toddler classroom is for 2-year-olds. Our primary classroom is mixed-age, which means children between the ages of 3 and 6 years old are all in the same classroom. Why is that a good thing? The young children learn by watching the older children. The older children solidify what they know through teaching younger child how to do something and develop leadership skills. When you show someone how to do something, it cements the learning for you.
- Our classrooms are carefully-prepared environments with Four Curriculum Areas: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language and Math. Beauty and order are extremely important elements to our environment, as we believe children should be given the best our culture has to offer.
- We adhere strictly to the "3-hour work cycle", where children are free to choose their own work during this time. This is also the time when the teacher will give one-on-one lessons from one of the Four Classroom Areas, depending on the child's progress and interest. Older children who don't nap will have a second work cycle in the afternoon.
- The school will be conducted in Mandarin and English. One adult will speak Mandarin and another will speak English. Children will learn to write and read in English and Chinese simultaneously.
- For over 100 years now, the Montessori Method has proven to be extremely effective in nurturing creative, self-motivated, independent, resourceful children. We use the practices described here because they have withstood the test of time - and they work!