We are moving! Starting September 2018,
Our New Address will be 2 Northside Piers
Ms. Lam Montessori School is a Mandarin-Immersion school serving children between the ages of 2-years-old and Sixth Grade. Our classrooms adhere to authentic Montessori standards. Here are a few things you should know about us!
- Our teachers are AMI-certified, a rigorous training lineage passed down directly from Maria Montessori.
- We have 5 classrooms. Our toddler classroom is for 2-year-olds and 3-year-olds. Our primary classrooms are for children 3 - 6-years-old and our elementary classrooms are for children 6 - 9-years-old and 9 - 12-years-old. Why is mixed-age a good thing? The young children learn by watching the older children. The older children solidify what they know through teaching younger child how to do something and develop leadership skills. When you show someone how to do something, it cements the learning for you.
- Our classrooms are carefully-prepared environments with Four Curriculum Areas: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language and Math. Beauty and order are extremely important elements to our environment, as we believe children should be given the best our culture has to offer.
- We adhere strictly to the "3-hour work cycle", where children are free to choose their own work during this time. This is also the time when the teacher will give one-on-one lessons from one of the Four Classroom Areas, depending on the child's progress and interest. Older children who don't nap will have a second work cycle in the afternoon.
- The school will be conducted in Mandarin only up through age 4.5. Children between ages 2-4.5 will be immersed in a Mandarin environment. Children ages 4.5 and up will also be taught to read and write in English. When our children graduate at age 6, they can speak, read and write in both Mandarin and English. Schedule a tour to see the work of children who have graduated from our school.
- We offer After-School Mandarin Language Program for Toddlers, Pre-Schoolers, K-5th Grade. Rolling Enrollment!
- For over 100 years now, the Montessori Method has proven to be extremely effective in nurturing creative, self-motivated, independent, resourceful children. We use the practices described here because they have withstood the test of time - and they work!